The demand for composite doors in Berkshire has increased year-on-year and it’s easy to see why. Instead of only using uPVC or wood, contemporary composite doors are a blend resulting in a very strong, very secure front door. Also, this process means these external doors are unique in that they have the look of timber with the performance of modern materials. As a result, the colour isn’t simply on the surface; it runs all the way through and consequently the only maintenance required is a wipe with a damp cloth.
The security benefits of a modern composite door make it perfect for a front or back door. First of all, with a strong solid structure and multi-point locking, they will keep your home secure all year round. In addition, “Secured by Design” approved doors are available to give you the peace of mind that our fitted front doors have been regularly tested. In addition, as well as offering eight locking options you can now choose one of five cylinders to go with the lock of your choice – the Ultion cylinder, Avocet ABS cylinder, Yale Platinum, Superior & KM cylinders.
The latest evolution in external door furniture is now supplied on our composite doors as standard. Furthermore, with the external furniture now manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel we can give you a 10 year anti corrosion guarantee – however, since this is the same grade of material used for making sinks its a guarantee we won’t expect you to need.
BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE DOORS
- Composite front doors are extremely strong and durable due to the combination of materials in their manufacture.
- A contemporary composite door is easy to clean because the colour is all the way through.
- Security – their solid manufacture and 10 point locking system mean they’re extremely secure external doors. As a result they provide a very tough barrier to force open.
- Finally, customisability – Be as individual as you like! The composite door colours, glazing options, frame colour and furniture (knockers, handles, letterbox etc) can all be customised. This means we’re confident we can supply a door to suit your own individual taste and home style.
Our composite doors offer a large range of available glazing styles to suit your individual taste. From small squares or diamonds to sunbursts and half glazed. You can also choose from a range of 'privacy' glass options and glass designs.
Furthermore, our glazed doors use a unique and patented glazing system that can be removed from the inside. This means you won’t need a new door because the glazing is damaged; simply change the glass.
Our traditional door styles include Cottage, 4 & 6 panels, Sunburst and '1 square'. These designs have stood the test of time and will suit the majority of homes, both new and old. The Heritage feel can be enhanced with glazing options such as Drop Diamond or English Rose. And, although the design may be traditional, the cylinders and locks incorporate the latest in secure technology to provide you with full peace of mind.
Door design is constantly evolving to reflect changing tastes and incorporating latest technology. Our contemporary furniture range of long bar handles is available in different finishes to suit your taste. We can also provide Key Free technology that could mean the end of 'losing your keys'.
Your new door can be as individual as you like. Three new door colours; Poppy Red, Duck Egg Blue and Black Brown, have been added to our existing ten; White, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Oak, Darkwood, Cream, Grey and the increasingly popular, Chartwell Green.
We also offer 9 frame colours - white, mahogany, cherrywood, oak, white grain, brown–black, grey, cream and chartwell green - to compliment your new door colour. All of which can be configured with gold, chrome, black, white and contemporary hardware; it's easy to see how there are over 900 billion combinations of our composite doors!
The latest evolution in door furniture is now supplied as standard on our doors. With the external furniture manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel you get a 10 year anti-corrosion guarantee
Our stainless style extends to polished gold, chrome and black finishes on handles, letter plates, knockers and numerals. The furniture fitted to the inside of the door is the same colour and manufactured with a zinc PVD finish. The lever/lever and lever/pad handles incorporate a spring cassette to eliminate any dropping and has been tested to 50,000 cycles, whilst the urn knocker is face fixed to remove the need for fixings on the inside of the door.
The letter plate opens to 180 degrees and even the return spring is stainless steel which was cycle tested to 100,000 operations. The external flap houses a peripheral seal that also forms a full thermal and acoustic barrier.
Our standard Yale Lockmaster is a multi-point lock that has been designed, developed and tested in the UK to deliver the highest levels of performance. With Secured by Design accreditation, the Lockmaster features a combination of hooks and anti-lift bolts for greater security.
The Lockmaster is fully compatible with the Yale Keyfree - also available from Twyford Windows - which allows you to access your property without a key, using a remote fob or secure PIN code.
Alternatively, the 'Slam Lock' option changes the way that doors work. In the past the hooks on doors with multipoint locks engage by having to lift the handle. With a Slam Lock the hooks engage the moment the door is closed. Using the Winkhaus AV2 system, this means that if the door is closed, the hooks are engaged.
More information about the different locks can be found in our article, "The Different Types Of Lock On A Composite Door"
Never have to worry about forgetting your keys again! Our Key Free option means you can now enter your home using a bluetooth fob (similar to the fob that opens your car) or a numerical keypad. And for those worried that the lock might not work if the battery goes the manufactures have already thought of a solution - you can get to the battery compartment from outside! This could be an ideal option for disabled access. Or, perhaps you just love having the latest technology?
Read more: Smart Locks
Our side panel give you lots of choice. You can choose from 7 different designs, in 10 colours, with dozens of glass options – but, uniquely you can have a choice of width. All of which can carry the letterbox.
Why are Composite Doors increasingly more popular?
The reason is likely because more people are becoming aware of the benefits offered by these strong, durable front doors.
Composite Door Benefits
- Composite doors are made from a PVC outer frame with galvanised steel reinforcement. They have a hardwood inner frame with an injected polyurthane foam core. As a result this makes them sturdy front doors and thermally efficient.
- During seasonal changes, cold winters and hot summers, the tough outer frame prevents warping. This may cause the door to stick or create draughts.
- The skin means low maintenance is required. No sanding or painting is required to keep the door looking good over many years.
- Their tough and durable construction means they have a long lifespan, with an average expectancy of 35 years. This increases their cost efficiency but importantly, reduces the environmental impact of the door.
- Due to these features composite doors typically come with a 10 years guarantee that gives their owners peace of mind.
- The locks and cylinders are simple and quick to replace if things do go wrong.
- All composite doors are made to measure meaning they are the perfect fit for your home's entrance.
- Composite doors in Berkshire come in a wide variety of designs, from the 'classic cottage' look to the contemporary 'Italian' and 'French' styles.
- The glass in composite doors is made from laminated glass that means it will not fall out of the door if broken. It will shatter but stay in place.
- Composite doors typically come with a 10 point locking system as standard, making them extremely tough to break in to. This offers home owners a high degree of security.
To discuss the many composite door benefits then please contact Twyford Windows. Alternatively you can use our Design A Door feature to create your own composite door and see the many options and styles available.
Products For All Budgets
Great After Sales Service
Twyford Windows has the perfect selection of doors in a wide variety of styles and materials to help you achieve the look you are after. We sell composite doors, French doors, sliding patio doors, bi-fold doors and much, much more throughout Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
Strong, secure, warm and available in a wide range of colours and styles. You can also design your own!
SLIDING PATIO DOORS
Slim In-Line sliding patio doors are the perfect space-saving solution for opening up the home.
Our aluminium bi-fold doors combine the very best materials with high performing double and triple glazed glass units.
Elegant, sophisticated and secure, our French Doors let in lots of light while keeping you warm and secure.
PVC PANEL DOORS
PVCu doors come in a wide variety of designs to suit your home, while offering a low maintenance and highly durable door solution.
Smart Lock technology enables you to open your door without the use of a key, offering numerous benefits over the traditional metal key.